Â Yogurt curry is very popular in Indian subcontinent. Â In India, yogurt curry preparation changes from region to region. I will give the recipe for making different types of yogurt curry and then you can try them all.
Serves 4, Preparation Time: 10 min., Cooking Time: 30 min.
1) 1 1/2 Cup ofÂ plain milk yogurt
2) 8 Tbsp Gram Flour
3) 1/2 Tsp Indus Organics Turmeric Powder
4) 4 Tbsp Corn Oil
5) 2 Tsp Indus Organics Cumin Seeds
8) 2 Tsp Indus Organics Black Mustard Seeds
9) 2 Tsp Indus Organics Fenugreek Seeds
10) Salt per Taste
North Indian Version Additions : 4 Indus Organics Cayenne Pepper Whole
Central Indian Version Additions: 2 Tsp Sugar
South Indian Version Additions: 4 Curry Leaves
1) Mix the yogurt with gram flour, turmeric, salt and sugar (If you are making central India version)
2) Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add Cumin, Fenugreek Seeds, Peppercorns and Clove
3) Stir the yogurt mixture ensuring that there are no lumps. Add the mixture to the pan
4) Cook for 5-7 min. till consistency resembles that of a thick batter
5) Add curry leaves (If making south Indian version)
Yogurt curry is ready to serve with rice or Indian wheat bread.